Meet Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan grew up in Northeast South Dakota and as a son of a teacher and nurse learned early the importance of education and serving your community. It was this mentality that led him to attend dental school at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, graduating with his D.D.S. in 1994. Following graduation he moved back to South Dakota and practiced general dentistry for five years, receiving the Outstanding Young Dentist of South Dakota Award in 1997. In 1999 Dr. Ryan decided to return to school in order to obtain his professional goal of being an orthodontist. He graduated from West Virginia College of Dentistry in 2002 with a Master’s of Science in dentistry and a certificate in orthodontics. He and his family moved back to South Dakota where Dr. Ryan has been providing quality orthodontic care for more than two decades.
Dr. Ryan’s biggest enjoyment in helping his patients achieve the smile they have always wanted is to see their confidence and self-esteem grow throughout treatment. Dr. Ryan is grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this transformation in both young and adult patients and is proud to have played a small role in their journey. He is also passionate about providing his patients with the latest and most up-to-date treatment modalities and continually is trying to better himself as a clinician by attending several continuing education courses each year.
Dr. Ryan considers his greatest accomplishment to be marrying his wife Jennifer and raising four children together. He has two sons, Josh and Nate, as well as two daughters Emily and Allison. In his spare time, Dr. Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, especially his eight grandchildren. He likes to joke that grandchildren are the rewards for raising teenagers. Dr. Ryan also enjoys hunting when he can find time with his two dogs, Bishop and Deacon. During the summer months, you can likely find Dr. Ryan on the lake or at the golf course when not in the clinic. He and his wife Jennifer are actively involved in their church and are extremely passionate about promoting educational opportunities for young people.
- Past President and member of the Midwest Society of Orthodontists
- Past president and member of the South Dakota Society of Orthodontists
- Past President and member of the Summit 360 Study Club
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Past President and member of the Northern District Dental Society of the SDDA
- Member of the South Dakota Dental Association (SDDA)
- Board Certified Orthodontist from the American Board of Orthodontists – recertified in 2021
- Completed the prestigious Rick McLaughlin two-year post-graduation course in orthodontics
- Has completed advanced courses in Invisalign and Laser treatment
- Enrolled in the two-year Tom Pitts advanced orthodontics course.
- Published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Meet Dr. Rob
Dr. Rob received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) in 2008 from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry where he graduated with High Honors. He then went on to complete his three-year orthodontic residency program, earning his Master of Science degree at West Virginia University in 2011. During his time there he conducted research on the CS 2000 appliance which has been published in Progress in Orthodontics.
He has been creating beautiful, confident smiles for over a decade. Dr. Rob is a member of the American Association of Orthodontics, the American Dental Association, and is currently on the board of the Northern District Dental Society for South Dakota. He is board eligible for the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics.
In his free time, Dr. Rob loves spending time with his family. Together they enjoy slip and sliding, sledding, spending time at the lake, finding the number one best-rated recipes, playing games, and watching movies. An aspiring ukulele player, he loves to travel to new places and experience new things. He enjoys golfing with friends and family and attempting new hobbies like creating stained glass, hunting, and cooking. He also volunteers coaching youth softball and baseball. Dr. Rob and his wife, Kristin, have five children: Maia, Sophia, Ella, Sam, and Luke. Together they are involved in various church and community activities including the St. Vincent de Paul society, teaching CCD, and they love being together as a family.
Meet Dr. Nate
Dr. Nate grew up in Northeast South Dakota. He attended college at the University of South Dakota and dental school at the University of Minnesota. He graduated with his D.D.S. in 2017 at the top of his class and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society. He continued his education at the University of Minnesota where he completed his orthodontic residency program, earning his Master of Science Degree in 2019. He is board eligible for the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics.
What Dr. Nate enjoys most about orthodontics is that no two patients are exactly the same. Every day you get to design unique treatment plans that are focused on individual needs. It’s extremely rewarding giving patients a new smile and confidence that they will wear for the rest of their life.
When he’s not working, Dr. Nate enjoys spending time with his wife (Kelley), son (Rhett), daughter (Nora), and their Australian Shepherd (Duke). He enjoys golf, basketball, spending time with friends and family, and being outdoors. He is looking forward to getting involved in the community through church, volunteer programs, and his children’s activities.
- Valedictorian, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 2017
- Current President of the Northern District Dental Society of the SDDA
- Completed advanced training in Invisalign and laser treatment
- Completed advanced training in TAD placement and gummy smile treatment
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontics
- Member of the South Dakota Dental Association
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Orthodontic 360 Summit Club